How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Care – the benefits
Use of olive oil for hair care
Olive oil for hair care: How to use and possible benefits
Olive oil is a natural product that has many benefits for hair care. It can moisturize, nourish, protect, and repair the hair, making it shiny, soft, and healthy. In this blog post, we will explore how to use olive oil for hair care, what are the best types of olive oil to choose, and what are some precautions to take.
How to use olive oil (extra virgin olive oil, ideally) for hair care:
There are different ways to use olive oil for hair care, depending on your hair type, condition, and desired results. Here are some common methods:
– As a pre-shampoo treatment: Apply olive oil to your dry hair, focusing on the ends and the damaged areas. Massage it gently into your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel and leave it on for at least 15 minutes. Then wash your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
– As a deep conditioner: After shampooing your hair, apply olive oil to your damp hair, from the roots to the tips. Wrap your hair in a warm towel or a plastic cap and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour. Then rinse it out with warm water and style your hair as usual.
– As a leave-in conditioner: Apply a small amount of olive oil to your damp or dry hair, especially to the ends and the frizzy areas. Comb it through your hair and style it as usual. You can also add a few drops of essential oils, such as lavender, rosemary, or peppermint, to enhance the scent and the benefits of olive oil.
– As a hot oil treatment: Heat some olive oil in a microwave-safe bowl or a saucepan until it is warm but not hot. Test the temperature on your wrist before applying it to your hair. Apply the warm olive oil to your dry hair, from the scalp to the ends. Massage it gently into your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel and leave it on for 20 minutes to an hour. Then wash your hair as usual with shampoo and conditioner.
Benefits of olive oil for hair
What are the best types of olive oil for hair care
Not all olive oils are created equal when it comes to hair care. The best types of olive oil for hair care are:
– Extra virgin olive oil: This is the highest quality of olive oil, extracted from the first pressing of the olives without using heat or chemicals. It has the most antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can benefit the hair. It also has a strong flavor and aroma that some people may find pleasant or unpleasant.
– Virgin olive oil: This is the second highest quality of olive oil, extracted from the second pressing of the olives without using heat or chemicals. It has less antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals than extra virgin olive oil, but still more than refined olive oils. It has a milder flavor and aroma than extra virgin olive oil.
– Refined olive oil: This is the lowest quality of olive oil, extracted from the third or later pressings of the olives using heat and chemicals. It has very few antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can benefit the hair. It also has a neutral flavor and aroma that some people may prefer.
You should avoid using pomace olive oil or light olive oil for hair care, as they are highly processed and have little to no benefits for the hair (as its also the case of the health benefits of consuming pomace olive oil, compared to – in contrary – the high value of extra virgin olive oil for the human health).
What are some precautions to take when using olive oil for hair care
Olive oil is generally safe and beneficial for most people, but there are some precautions to take when using it for hair care:
– Do a patch test before applying olive oil to your scalp or hair, especially if you have sensitive skin or allergies. Apply a small amount of olive oil to a small area of your skin and wait for 24 hours. If you experience any irritation, redness, itching, or swelling, do not use olive oil for hair care.
– Do not use too much olive oil for your hair, as it can weigh down your hair, make it greasy, and clog your pores. Use only enough to coat your hair lightly and evenly.
– Do not use hot or boiling olive oil for your hair, as it can burn your scalp and damage your hair. Use only warm or room temperature olive oil for your hair.
– Do not leave olive oil on your hair for too long, as it can attract dirt and bacteria and cause infections or dandruff. Wash your hair thoroughly after using olive oil for hair care.
– Do not use olive oil if you have oily or acne-prone skin or scalp, as it can worsen your condition. Use other natural oils that are lighter and less comedogenic, such as jojoba oil, almond oil, or grapeseed oil.
Olive oil is a wonderful natural product that can help you achieve beautiful and healthy hair.
Try using it for your hair care routine and see the difference yourself!
Using OLIVE OIL For Hair Care
Articles related to Olive Oil use and benefits to beauty care and human health
Treat your hair with olive oil to help replenish frizzy, damaged hair. If you have thick or heavily processed hair, olive oil can help replenish the moisture that your hair needs to become healthy.
Olive oil offers health benefits as it is high in healthy monosaturated fats and antioxidants. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. The health effects of dietary fat are controversial. However, experts agree that olive oil – especially extra virgin – is good for human health. The 11 health benefits of olive oil that are supported by scientific research.
Olive oil helps preserve hair moisture as well as strengthen hair. Olive oil could add softness and strengthen hair by penetrating the hair shaft and preserving moisture. The shine said to come from olive oil may be due to the oil smoothing the outer cuticle of the hair.
Hailed for centuries as “liquid gold,” olive oil probably makes you think of the Mediterranean diet, a dip for bread, or something you drizzle on vegetables. Cooking isn’t the only thing you can use olive oil for though; it’s actually great for achieving silky, shiny hair and even taming flyaways and frizz.
How to use olive oil on your hair: use olive oil as a pre-conditioner to make the most of it helping your hair becoming shiny and healthy. Cover your top with a towel, so you don’t get oily drips on it (if you do, just rub in some soap before you wash your top). Go to the kitchen cupboard and grab your Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Pour between 2 tablespoons and ¼ cup (depending on your hair length and thickness. More if your hair is long or thick) into a small bowl.
Starting at the ends, massage the Extra Virgin Olive Oil through your hair. Make sure you massage some oil onto your scalp. Wrap your hair in an old towel and relax with a cup of olive leaf tea for 10-15 minutes. Comb your hair with a wide-tooth comb and then head to the shower. In the shower, wet your hair and then shampoo well (you may need two rounds of shampoo) to get out all the oil.
Repeat this once a week for healthy, shiny hair.
Olive oil use in nutrition and heart’s Health